- BabyGoRound supplies families in need with essential baby gear and clothing for their children up to age 4. By distributing new and gently used items to families in need BabyGoRound assists close to 900 families per year.
- BabyGoRound works with 38 approved social service agencies in the Lower Mainland. The agencies we work with assess the needs of their clients and refer clients directly to BabyGoRound for an appointment.
- BabyGoRound decreased its wait-time for clients from 5-6 weeks to 2-3 weeks by adding more appointments per day, and by adding an exchange appointment day.
- BabyGoRound’s referral agencies include YWCA, domestic violence shelters, hospitals, youth and teen pregnancy programs, Aunt Leah’s, and many more. For a complete list of referral agencies please visit our site: babygoround.ca/agencies
- BabyGoRound provides essential items including: clothing; strollers; high chairs; cribs; toys, books and other gear.
- BabyGoRound implemented a Community Champion program. Donations are collected at 10 drop-off locations in the Lower Mainland. We currently have the following drop-off locations: North Vancouver (2); West Vancouver; Vancouver (3); Coquitlam; New Westminster; Burnaby; Surrey/Whiterock; Marpole.
- BabyGoRound worked closely with organizations/corporations to receive items at cost, or as a donation. This year we were able to host a blanket drive with 40 participating Starbucks; a charity event with Chapters and Whole Foods; and a secure a generous donation of cribs (at cost) from Storkcraft.
- In 2014, we bought a mini van with a grant from the Seedling Foundation, and a donation from the Trotman Auto Group. The vehicle allows us to pick up donated items from our drop-off locations and deliver them to the facility. The van is also branded so as we drive through communities more people become aware of our organization. This vehicle has been instrumental in increasing our donated items.
- This year (2014/15) we launched our Crib Campaign in which BabyGoRound is committed to securing a safe place to sleep for 500 babies. Cribs was noted as one of our most requested items due to the necessity of having a safe place to put your baby to sleep, and the high cost of buying a crib. This became an item most people could not afford.
We did it! Through your generous support we were able to purchase and collect 504 cribs. These cribs will be extremely appreciated by families in need in our community and we all feel better about families having a safe place to put their babies to sleep. Thank you!
Funding Partners in 2014/15
- RBC Foundation
- Sutherland Foundation
- Face the World Foundation
- Wolrige Foundation
- Raymond James Foundation
- Seedling Foundation
- Sawer Foundation
- Plenary Group
- Fasken Martineau
- Summit Foundation
- Individual donors
BabyGoRound hosted an inaugural fundraising event at Winsor Gallery. The event welcomed 220 people.
- Whole Foods
- Trotman Auto Group
- Winsor Gallery
- Pedersen’s Rentals
- Lazy Gourmet
- London Drugs