BabyGoRound is hiring a part-time Facilities Manager to handle the running of the facility at 2939 Kingsway. The hours of work are typically Tuesday & Thursday from 9:30am – 4:30pm with an occasional need to complete tasks that will fall outside of those hours. The position will start at 2 days per week with the possibility of increasing to 3 days per week in the next 9-12 months.
The Facilities Manager tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the day-to-day functions of the facility.
- Manage the physical aspects of BabyGoRound’s space.
- Ensure the facility is clean, tidy, and organized.
- Receive gear donations from the front & rear entrances and sort items as they come into the facility.
- Organize basement to support efficient workflow and functioning of the facility.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers that handle sorting and driving.
- Manage the driver’s schedule and organize regular gear pick-ups from Community Champions.
- Prepare gear for distribution – check parts, safety straps, verify recalls, wipe down and ensure certain items (i.e. cribs) have printed instructions.
- Work with Operations Manager to organize volunteers to assist in sorting items.
- Merchandise the storefront.
- Restock items from basement to store floor.
- Organize, manage/prepare unsuitable gear, cardboard and plastic recycling for disposal by the driver.
- Provide support on the floor and/or in the office (admin) as needed to support client appointments. I.e. answering the phones, occasional data entry or filing.
- Act as the backup to the Operations Manager as needed.
- Self starter; friendly & outgoing.
- Independent worker and a team player – willing to do what is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the facility.
- Experience in managing a retail space and merchandising.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Comfortable working with BabyGoRound clients & volunteers.
Time commitment is approximately 14 hours a week. Pay is $20/hour. Interested?? Please send a email with your CV to email@example.com